We don't know much about the origins of the lower Weinegg. In the plan of Hans Conrad Gyger from 1650 we find a group of buildings with the name "Wynegg" at the site of today's estate.
Note that at the "Wynegg" the road leads to the right and not today to the left past the main house. Below is the title of Gyger's tithe plan.
Here is an excerpt from today's cadastral plan for comparison. Surrounded in red, we see in the middle the plot of land "Untere Weinegg", in which the Burgweg is located on the north side of the plot
From time to time there are also documentary mentions of the "Lower Weinegg".
There are still some photographs from the time before the great reconstruction of the house in 1931 preserved. It lacks the large roof lukarne as well as the garden exit with small terrace and stairs on the house side as well as the balconies on the house front with the bar. Also at the middle of the haussete under the middle window is the outer part of a pouring stone with its drainage tube.
The monument plague of the city of Zurich commissioned the historian Martin Leanhard with research on the history of the Lower Weinegg. Unfortunately, the study 'History of the former farm "Untere Weinegg" Burgweg 42-46(VN Alt 929, 86A, 85A) 8008 Zurich' was never completed due to other professional obligations of the author.
Here are the corresponding sources:
Here is another pictorial example of such a historical source: The buildings of the Lower Weinegg were insured against a fire by their respective owners. Here we show still available documents of the fire insurance, .
During the renovation of burgweg 44 in 2013/2014, we were supported by the building archaeology of the city of Zurich. There is a documentary (author Mrs. Kaarina Bourloud).